Meet the staff
Steve Davis (HEADTEACHER and SENCo)
* Experienced headteacher of ten years successfully leading two North Somerset Primary schools
* Worked at five schools including schools in Clevedon, Winscombe, Nailsea and Long Ashton
* Works closely with all members of the school and local community to build an environment where everyone is valued and respected
* Experience of teaching in KS1 and KS2 since 1990
* Experience of leading SEN provision, Maths, Science, History, Geography and PE across a Primary School
* Personal interests include sport, music, history and travel
Nicole Ackland (CLASS-TEACHER)
*A qualified teacher with specialism in the early years and Key stage 1.
*Experience working with and supporting families and children with special educational needs. Including speech and language, selective mutism, autism, dyslexia and attachment needs.
*Using Makaton (sign language for children) in the classroom as a means for communication, learning support and learning enhancement for all children.
*3 years working in the UK’s first Educate Together school, including start up in their permanent building, working closely and building strong relationships with families and the local community
*An advocate of the Educate Together ethos by providing a learning environment that is rich in mutual respect, ensuring that the children’s needs and rights are at the centre of all decisions.
*First aid trained for both paediatrics and adults
*Deputy designated safeguarding officer
*Outside of work, Nicole has a love of hiking and exploring in the countryside, travel, the creative arts, mindfulness, reading and all things science!
Claire Johnson (HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT)
* A qualified Teaching Assistant with 10 years' experience working in Pre-school to Reception (Early Years Foundation Stage), Years 1 and 2 (Key Stage 1) and Years 3 to 6 (Key Stage 2)
* 5 years' Special Education Needs experience covering dyslexia, dyscalculia, autism, speech and language and other specific special needs.
* Makaton (sign language for children) trained
* First Aid qualified for paediatrics and adults
* Outside of work, Claire has a love of painting and drawing covering all different types of media including, pencils, watercolours and acrylics. Claire brings this creative spirit into the classroom to inspire the children and nurture a love of art