What is our vision for Music at Parklands ET?
Children will leave school with a solid understanding of basic musical theory.
This will include:
- Technical vocabulary.
- Knowledge of instruments and orchestral families.
- Having performed to an audience (E.g. Parent share morning, assembly performance, school nativity).
- Children will leave school with a sense of rhythm and timings.
- They should be able to play as part of a group either by using percussion, an instrument of their own, or their voice.
- Children will be taught by the North Somerset Music Service each year at Key Stage 2.
How will our children learn Music?
- Ensure musical notes are being referred to along-side the correct technical vocabulary.
- Arrange regularly opportunities for the children to showcase their learning.
- Ensure singing assemblies are occurring regularly and the children are exposed to a range of song styles. (E.g. Call and response, Parts in an echo, Harmonies etc).