Ethos & Values
As an Educate Together school:
- We value all children and the unique contribution that they offer to the school.
- We believe that all children learn best when they feel safe and are happy in school.
- We believe that respect underpins all of our relationships within school and with the outside world.
- We ensure that all pupils achieve their fullest potential and are fully prepared for the next stage of learning and life
Our 4 core principles…
Through being equitable in our work, all children and staff will have equal access to their rights and, regardless of background, all will be equally respected.
Article 14: Every child has the right to think and believe what they want and to practise their religion, as long as they are not stopping other people from enjoying their rights.
All of our children have the right to a holistic world class education. All of our work aims to ensure that every child can make progress and achieve well in every aspect of their education.
Article 4: Governments must do all they can to make sure every child can enjoy their rights.
Children are at the heart of every decision and activity. Their voices are actively sought and listened to. They play a lead role in shaping their education.
Article 3: The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all things that affect children.
Our schools aim to be central to the communities they serve. As such, we look for opportunities to give voice to and work in partnership with all stakeholders of the schools.
Article 12: Every child has the right to have a say in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously.
Educate Together affirms that:
- Children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds have a right to an education that respects their individual identity whilst exploring the different values and traditions of the world in which they live.
- Parents are entitled to participate actively in decisions that affect the education of their children.
The Educate Together values include British Values, which are incorporated throughout our curriculum.